Read With Me 2021
Get wild about reading with WGTE's Read with Me at the South Branch Toledo Lucas County Public Library.
LOCATION: South Branch Library: 1736 Broadway Street, Toledo, Ohio 43609
DAY AND TIME: Thursday, May 13, 2021: 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Join WGTE Public Media for a free Read with Me event, featuring educational activities and a book give-away for children ages preschool through 10. There will be individual bags with books for four age groups. Some books will be available in Spanish. All children will engage in hands-on educational activities.
Books will be given out to match the ages in four categories:
• Ages 3-4 • Ages 5-6 • Ages 7-8 • Ages 9-10
Table One: Animal Tracks
• Children will make animal tracks with stamps and tell stories about the tracks.
Table Two: Grow as We Go
• Children will explore the life cycles of familiar wildlife through lifecycle cards.
Table Three: Spider Webs, Worms, and Vertebrates
• Children will learn about the different shapes of spider webs.
• Children will learn about the parts of worms and measure the length of the worms.
• Children will learn about the characteristics of vertebrates.
This event is made possible by the Joseph and Judith Conda Family